Frequently Asked Questions
Pampanga is a province in the Philippines known for their great cuisine, unique flavors and of course great cooks and bakers. As you might have guessed that is also where we were born. We chose purple as our color to signify the color of ube, which is a very prevalent ingredient in Filipino cuisine especially in desserts. From there, ilovepampangas was born.
Ilovepampangas is a small home based cake studio that only takes limited orders to ensure time and attention is given to each order. By ordering a cake from us, you are ordering a cake designed with love and created just for you on your special day. We start booking 18 months in advance keeping in mind summer/wedding season (May to September) is our busiest season which gets filled quite fast. Last minute orders may be accommodated, but not guaranteed. In order to secure your date and avoid disappointment, we recommend booking your order as soon as you have your venue booked or have a date set.
The Ordering process
The initial consultation will be via email where you can share with us details of your cake. From event details, design ideas, and photo inspirations. We encourage you to share with us invitation, theme, color swatches, flowers, venue and other pertaining details that convey the atmosphere of your event. Once confirmed, a quote is sent and if interested in reserving your special day.
A 50% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your order. Balance to be paid one week prior to event date. Any orders under $150 will require full payment upon booking. Accepted payment types are cash or e-transfer
Wedding Flavor and Design Consultation
Flavor and Design Consultation is highly recommended for multi-tiered cakes and/or wedding cakes. A time is set up to meet at our home based cake studio. A $45 fee is required at time of consultation. Fee is applied to your invoice for any cakes over $800. This includes 3 cake flavors of your choosing to taste for you and your guest. We will also dive deeper into your details of the cake design. We encourage you bring along fabric samples, color swatches, photos, invites or any items you would like to incorporate in your cake. We will work closely with you to create your vision and ensure that it is translated to a beautiful and delicious work of art.
Delivery and Set up
Delivery and set up is currently only available for weddings for $50. Delivery outside City of Edmonton limits may be available for an additional fee.
We have a collection of cake/cupcake stands that are available for rent to compliment your event, please advise if you would like to view our collection.
Tip: Check with your venue if they provide cake stands.
All cakes to be picked up at our home studio. Address to be shared at the time of booking.
Pick Up Guidelines
- Cakes/cupcakes must be transported on a flat surface. It is highly discourage to transport your cake/cupcakes on someone’s knee or lap. Under no circumstances should a cake be transported on a vehicle seat.
- It is recommended to tidy up your vehicle before pick up of any loose objects that may cause damage to your cake/cupcakes.
- On warm days, keep cake as cold as possible during transport, and away from sunlight.
- Upon arrival at the event venue, refrigerate your cake/cupcakes if not being served right away. If cake/cupcakes are being served the same day, be sure to set up the cake/cupcakes in a cool display area away from sunlight (and away from anywhere sunlight might move to). We will instruct you otherwise before you leave.
- If you have sent someone else to pick up your order, they are responsible for making sure that the order is to your satisfaction before leaving.
- Driver must take extreme caution, keeping the vehicle level at all times, especially when turning corners, and must avoid any sudden acceleration, cornering or aggressive braking.
- Ilovepampangas is not responsible for the cake/cupcakes, once picked up. We will not replace or refund damaged cakes after they have left our studio.
All our cakes come with a complimentary customized topper sign upon request.
We do use nuts in some of our treats such as macarons (almonds) and sans rival (cashew). We are very careful to avoid crossover of ingredients, however none of our products can be guaranteed as allergen free.
Suggested serving size is based on approximately 1” x 2” cake slices.
|Cake Size||Round Cake Serving Size||Square Cake Serving Size|
** 4” cakes are only available on tiered cakes.